Blog Archive

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Film Magazine - Adding barcode and website

Today I started by adding in the barcode for our magazine. I decided to position it bottom right of the magazine. This is because a convention of magazines is that the barcode is usually positioned in a 'not so recognisable' place. This means that readers may look at the front cover then pick it up before checking the price and once they find out they are more inclined to pay because they like the look of the magazine.


However I then remembered my music magazine from last year and the way that I combined my barcode , price and webiste as shown below (this is what Vibe Magazine do and it works very well).

Therefore I decided to try this method by adding in the price, barcode and website
(CINEMAG.COM).
The reason why we chose £1.50 as our price is because we realised that our film magazine was independent and despite the fact that 'Little White Lies' was priced at £6 we realised that we needed to appeal to our target audience of 16-30 year olds and we felt £1.50 was a price they could all afford.

This is how our barcode looks:


After these additions this is how our Independent Film Magazine now looks:


As you can see our Film Magazine is nearing completion, tomorrow I will add in the release date and then we will get feedback from our target audience.





No comments:

Post a Comment