Blog Archive

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Film Magazine - Sell Lines

Today I decided to add in our Sell Lines for our independent film magazine. As mentioned in a previous post we decided to be un-conventional and position our cover image on the left of the magazine which meant that all our sale lines would be positioned on the right.

I started by adding in our sale line - 'Riz Ahmed: On Life After Shifty'. I decided to position this over the magazine title (as you can see below) in order to make it stand out. This is because 'SHIFTY' is a very popular social-realist film amongst social-realism fans. Also it has had critically acclaimed success and so a lot of viewers would recognise it.


Next I added in our final 2 sell lines as well as our exclusive. The process was simple and all 3 follow the same structure and colour scheme to emphasise the reader that they are the magazines featured sell lines. However there is also a problem with this because in my opinion it doesnt draw the attentions eye to the main sell line/exclusive which is what should happen. However I still feel that it works well and as a result I will be completing the other parts of the magazine and then getting feedback before deciding whether to change it or not.

Here is how the magazine looks after the work done today:






No comments:

Post a Comment