Blog Archive

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Title Development

We have produced a social realism film trailer hybridised with sports, within the production I created the titles for the trailer, before producing it I researched a variety of existing film trailer titles. When producing this I chose to create this through using the software called 'Adobe After Effects', this is software which allows producers to manipulate different visual media such as videos and texts. When first producing the titles we came up with the idea of having a moving background instead of a steal background whist the titles are being presented, we thought best that we should chose a time lapse, as this challenges common social realism conventions, we then chose specific locations to film the time lapse so that we can have establishing shots so that the audience could be able to identify key land sites within London. When getting these footage I put the time lapse on the After Effects, so that I could be able to edit it and then place in the titles that I wanted, I chose to go to the website called 'Dafont.com', this is a site in which allows us to browse and download a variety of different fonts, I chose to go with Myriad Pro in Bold, we believe that this font meets with the conventions that we wanted as when we researched other media texts, they were similar. After producing the titles I chose to manipulate the colour so that each first letter has red, this is so that we could be able to stick to the same colour palette through all media texts that we have produced so that we could stick with the same theme so that the audience could be able to identify our products. After producing the titles I inserted it into the trailer which on the software called ‘Magix’ the titles finalise the trailer so that the audience could have a better understanding of the film without narrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment